WRIT OF EXECUTION ON PERSONAL PROPERTY INTAKE SHEET
Before accepting a Writ of Execution on personal property, our office requires the follow paperwork:
- Detailed letter of instruction which contains:
The original and four copies of the Writ, (including a Break & Enter Order if applicable)
Deposit in the amount of $300.00 made out to the Douglas County Sheriff
Copy of Judgment with Judge's signature (stamped signature is not acceptable)
Copy of Order Directing Issuance of Writ with judge’s signature (stamped signature is not acceptable).
Bond of Indemnity to the Sheriff
(for twice the value of the judgment or property to be seized to include:
- Specific details on property to be levied on and seized, if not in Writ.
- Who the Keeper is and/or where the property will be stored in Douglas County
- Interest rate
- Service address of Judgment Debtors to effect legal service
- Name, address and phone number of my contact person
- Issuance to Harvey Gjesdal, Sheriff of Douglas County
- Signatures of both the bonding company and the plaintiff or his designee
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Chief Civil Deputy Kelly Soltwisch or Records Supervisor Rhonda Martin at (509) 884-0941
during normal business hours.