Douglas County District Court operations are substantially curtailed to help keep the public and our employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call 509-884-3536 to learn how these changes affect you. Many services are being offered remotely.
Please do not come to the courthouse if you are:
- In a high-risk category for COVID-19
- Sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms, such as cough, fever or respiratory problems
Types of Cases Conducted
District Court has jurisdiction to conduct:
- Civil cases in which the amount in controversy does not exceed one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000), RCW 3.66.020(4)
- Civil protection orders, RCW 26.50, 10.14
- Criminal cases involving misdemeanors and gross misdemeanors, RCW 3.66.060
- Name changes, RCW 4.24.130(1)
- Preliminary hearings in felony cases, RCW 3.02.010(d)
- Small claim controversy up to ten thousand dollars ($10,000), RCW 12.40.010
- Traffic infraction cases, RCW 3.66.060(5)
- Vehicle impound cases, RCW 46.55
The Probation Department monitors compliance with sentencing conditions as set by the judge.
Make Payments Online
The District Court uses Dynamic Collectors for accounts turned over to collection 800-464-3457. Pay your ticket online.