Stormwater Utility (SWU) Service Charge
The utilities' rate structure is based upon the amount of impervious surface area within each parcel or equivalent service units (ESU).
An annual service charge of $45 per ESU, shall be levied against each developed parcel within the SWU SERVICE AREA.
Billing and Payments
Annual Service Charge bills are included in the same envelope as the Property Tax Statements that are mailed in February. SWU Service Charge payments are due April 30th.
Service Charge payments are remitted to the Douglas County Treasurer. Please visit the Treasurer's page for information and to MAKE A PAYMENT.
Examples Service Charge Calculations
The following are examples of how ESUs are calculated and applied within the service area:
- Single family residence equals 1 ESU
- Duplex equals 1 ESU
- Tri-plex/Four-plex equals 2 ESUs
- For all other parcels: Number of ESUs equals the total square feet of impervious surfaces divided by 2,750 square feet (the approximate surface area of an average residential rooftop and driveway)
- No developed parcel shall contain less than one ESUs
- Undeveloped parcels do not contain ESUs
- Douglas County and East Wenatchee pay for their impervious areas, including streets, roads, trails, and parking lots
- Qualified low-income senior citizens and disabled persons may be eligible for a discount.